Protection from virus, spam, spyware and adware.
- Protects you from adware, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams.
- Advises you about the safety of sites using a colored button in your browser toolbar.
- Enhances your online search by placing site ratings next to search results.
- Warns you about dangerous sites and search results with clear messages.
- Provides you with detailed test results for every site we rate.
- Updates automatically to protect against new threats
Benefits and Features
- Safe Search: When searching with Google, Yahoo!, Bing, AOL, Ask, and more than a dozen other search engines, SiteAdvisorsite ratings appear next to search results.
- Safe Browse: When browsing, a small button in your browser changes color based on that website's safety test results.
- Advanced phishing protection helps you avoid fraudulent sites that try to steal your identity.
- Know In Advance: Warnings inform you about threatening Web sites.
- Get The Details: Detailed test results for every site are just one click away.
- Always Upgrading, Always Updating: Updates are installed automatically. When a new version is available, you get it automatically at no charge during your subscription, ensuring that you always have up-to-date protection.
- Convenient, Ongoing Protection: McAfee offers a variety of renewal options to keep your McAfee protection current.
- Real People, Real Help: Support from McAfee computer security experts, via Internet chat, e-mail and phone. (service.mcafee.com)
SiteAdvisor software is an award-winning, free browser plug-in that gives safety advice about Websites before you click on a risky site. With SiteAdvisor software installed, your browser will look a little different than before. We add small site rating icons to your search results as well as a browser button and optional search box. Together, these alert you to potentially risky sites and help you find safer alternatives.
Site ratings are based on information gathered from visits to websites using test computers. We test for a comprehensive set of security threats including e-mail practices, downloads, browser exploits, phishing, e-commerce vulnerabilities, website annoyances, and links (online affiliations).
SiteAdvisor software is free, easy to install and even easier to use. And it doesn't collect any personally identifiable information.
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP1) or higher
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or higher
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Personal computer with Pentium-compatible processor 500 MHz or higher and 256 MB RAM or higher
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 6-8, Firefox 3
- Minimum Hardware: 400 MHz processor, 128 MB RAM, 10 MB free disk space
- Internet connection